Tuesday 11 January 2011

But What Kind Of Woman will I marry?

One of the things that define who I am is that I take the responsibility of creating the kind of world that I want quite seriously. I am constantly engaged to bring the gap between my fantasies and my realities to a narrow straight. It is a painstakingly slow process.

What King of woman will I meet?
So, I have always wanted to do the same thing when it comes to women. It cannot be overlooked that when a man dreams about a bright future, he also dreams about a beautiful wife and children in the same picture. This feeling tends to pervade some men's worlds sometimes and they go overboard, throwing their priorities out of balance. No, that is overboard.

I have come to realise that it takes more than emotive response to our needs to bridge that gap, it takes sobriety. For one thing, women come in different variations -which tend to mean that you can ask this out, play with that one, date this one, or marry the other one. The ideal is to find one you can do all these things with, but the reality with men is that they tend to do one thing with each variation. One therefore has to analyse women variations in more details. Its worthwhile to take time to find a woman you can admire for her mere existence. This means that you have to be able to peel away at the layers of make-up, duplicity and postiche to reach the fine grain person who is real. True, I enjoy fiction, but only in movies and books. I would be completely tipped over to find it in a living person. For a man who wants to create true happiness in life, I cannot but wonder, what kind of woman? A friend once told me that asking what kind of woman a man wants is like asking what kind of wine goes with turkey. For now, i guess we can just stick with the biblical perspective, that "omukazi murungi omuhaabwa ruhanga", if you know what I mean. 

No comments:

Stories