Tuesday 5 September 2017

Yesss! I'm re-united with my "Heritage"

I had taken a sabbatical of about 4 years not posting to this my family blog. Blogger even seems to have undergone mega changes itself, to the extent that my blog almost got lost. At some point I tried to load the address which then was (https://afrinational.blogspot.com) and was told the blog doesn't exist anymore, and that changes had been made to blogger that required me to update the blog, which I didn't do, but thankfully they seem to have carried it over to a new address (https://afrinational.blogspot.ug/) where I finally found it, after undergoing blog recovery process.

There is too much history here to lose. I kept trying to peek once in a while but had no time to read or update. But I knew I had to find it and reactivate it somehow. So now I seem to have full control of it once again.

How did I keep away this long? Life happened.









I had to compartmentalize my life a bit. Blogging seemed to me like a luxury the past few years. Its not like I was a student anymore, living between lecture rooms and halls of residence. There is a thing called "Work" in the real world - real world here means "life after school". So I had to work, that's my excuse.



Among the key things that have happened in the last couple of years (which would otherwise be full stories on this blog), I can recall the following - noteworthy

  • My journey to find out all about my mother and the family she came from
  • Spending a Christmas week at my dad's in Kitegwa with family, after a very long time
  • My Sister (Grace Katushabe's) graduation 
  • My young brother (Abel Matsiko's) journey to get married
  • My younger brother (Ronald Mugyenyi's) wedding
  • Conversations with Aunt Joyce
  • Conversations with Aunt Kate
  • How I spent a night in jail for taking pictures, an altercation with the guards of a Chief Justice, one John Buteera
  • My road trips to Western districts in Uganda
  • A lot of my university friends getting married - many a wedding tales
  • Entering girlfriend territory
  • When my mother visited me at the office
  • Progress on my entrepreneurial journey

No comments:

Stories