Sunday 23 March 2008

Partyin wit the animals

Okay, you have probably gone partying and found out you are partying with the animals of the game, right? This was the case with me on Kandy's 19th birthday.


Cindy organised this one for her sister, and as luck would have it, the venue was at Good Fellas, Grand Imperial Hotel Kampala, the same hotel that hosts the Quest.net business presentations i attend on Thursdays. So I got there easily.

Cindy and Kandy were still at home dressing up, or somewhere along the road from Zzana, racing to catch up with their invited guests. A pool of seasoned party goers showed up, including three friends of mine I had invited that evening. Horrace, Uthman and Malcolm. The former two were also my OBs.

Lucy, aunt Agather's daughter was also present. When I arrived she was the only one I could recognise, I hadn't met the rest pool of girls boys before. She was already doing what the gracious host would do, tossing a smile here, shaking hands there and so on. The Cindys later arrived and things got warmer with taking of pictures, most of which are in the slide show above.
Cool music was coming from somewhere in the walls and drinks were shifting. Wines, waters, sodas, name it. Two big fat cakes were also waiting somewhere to be cut and eaten... and I was waiting for that moment!!

It so happened that rings were being formed around exclusive friends, so I hang with my friends as did the rest, sitting in groups of five, 8 etc. But the urge was there to mix up and chat with some one new. So someone would join (intrudingly) into a pool of friends and soon there would be no conversation. Malcolm was looking for a real hook that night but he got away with none. Horrace called up his gal friend and she joined us later on. A lovely gal I should add.

Serving began at around 4:00 pm or so. It wasn't a real dinner party or something but plates full of fries were passing by, chicken, goats meat, cow meat, pork, chips, tea and lots of drinks..
This is the time when Kandy got to a one by one introduction session to the people who attended her 19th. I joined working on the serving bit, passing the plates around several times so that every one had enough . Its like every one wasn't caring about time and soon were clocking mid night. Apparently aunt Agather was now calling up Lucy to know what the h*** she was still doing outside beyond mid-night, so she had to summarise.

I am rushing the party to the good parts now. Some boys had had one too many by this time, and arguments were getting louder. When the cake cutting session came, one dude gave himself the task to do so. People who were around the table noticed that he was cutting the cake more with his hands than with the knife. Another guy complained about it and tried to stop him and... the unthinkable happened! Blows were flying in the air.

After the party, that was around two o'clock, the real party animals suggested club, and me thinking it was time to go home was in for a surprise. Cindy assured me it would do me no harm to step in club for the first time. Soon we were at Rooge, I stayed in the car and all the rest went in, found it boring and came back and we drove home at four in the morning. Bye

No comments:

Stories