Saturday 6 October 2012

Works on the farm

On Thursday October 4, 2012, I traveled to my village to have a meeting with a couple of locals whom we share borders on the land where our farm is. It was called in the previous week after I had done correspondences with my dad and a district surveyor to start preparations for partitioning the land (Approx 2 miles) into its shareholders.

We met at around 4 pm, sat on locally made chairs (called foomu) under a mango tree at the local town called Mutuba in Kyenkwanzi district. The Meeting was attended by of 6 people, out of the 14 shareholders. The rest were represented by the present family members or would be informed of the outcome.

It went well. I expected to get a full list of all the rightful shareholders and their acreage, I got the list. They expected to get an update on the progress I had done with the surveyor and how much each one will contribute. I briefed them about the surveyor who will be coming to them soon, having met him earlier in the week. 

Whats happened on this land is that new shareholders have emerged, after some of the old shareholders sold to them and others passed on their shares to their children in  family.

So there is need to update the land registry records to this effect, for the new owners to properly process their titles. 

There is a number of requirements touching both local and national government departments to successful partition, and this is the process I'm coordinating. I'm one of the new shareholders. 

We'll hold another meeting in about 2 weeks, but before that I have to sit down with the district surveyor who understands district land board processes and obtain clear formal document in order to formally request for district letter to allow the surveyor conduct the partition survey.

So that's what I have been upto lately, and this one of my background-running projects.

Now back to  research for my Post Graduate BA course, I have to prepare a presentation for tomorrow.

No comments:

Stories