Thursday 10 March 2011

I can't take hot stuff


This is one of those habbits you don't know you have until it is something you get to do in a routine. I recently discovered that if you give me a cup of tea, or anything straigh off fire, it will be on the table for some time before i can touch it. I don't know when I developed this habbit, but when I started taking a cup of tea at my office every evening, it came to the surface. I leave the cup on there for a while, doing other things or chatting away, until when the cup is warm to the touch. I dont know if there is something about my oesophagus (the muscular tube that carries food from the throat to the stomach) but I just cant swallow the wet heat coming out of the cup, possibly causing scalds produced by the splash of hot liquid.

I like it luke warm, the same with other foods. So folks, dont blame me if I take the longest to finish my food, it is because I was waiting for it to cool a bit down. To me, hot is the devil's temperature;

No comments:

Stories