Friday 29 October 2010

Rogers Kalanzi a.k.a Kagurusi

Vet Centre

Of recent, a new activity has poped-up between my work and play times; namely Rogers Kalanzi. I've been having frequent meets with this guy in town and what not for the past few months nows. There is something about his character that you just cant have enough of. A few months back he installed a small network (LAN) at his office at the Vet Centre -his father's animal drug shop and veterinary medicines centre. The network helps him to run an ERP software on computers to monitor stocks and sales at the centre.

This is something I found quite brilliant, for a non IT person. I was eager to help with whatever technicalities needed. On one of the days we went shopping for Computer hardware up on Bombo road and got three high spec dell machines with flat screens, which are now operational. I have also received several calls when the software wasn't connecting to the server on any of the machines. I never saw myself doing IT support but it is worth the fun...

So between the troubleshooting and doing whatevers, we lunch out. This has actually given me another escape sequence at lunch breaks

But more importantly I've got to know Rogers Kalanzi personally, unlike before. Boy he is not bad. Focussed, ambitious, great, clear work ethic, honest, fun, etc. Ever since I walked inside the Vet-Centre, it has been hard to not go back. I'm receiving important animal health tips and tools from there as well, so I know where to consult for anything for our farm. I think I have found another friend in my cousin Rogers, teehee

No comments:

Stories