I'm having time gathering history from my aunties lately. Aunt Joyce (Sister) and Juliet Busingye are a great wealth of historical facts as regards family history, so I'm spending nights listening to them chat it away. Am not disturbing Kaaka with questions, though she'd know much more from a time before. But she wouldn't remeber much now...
I have gathered names and related background info on their family and written it in my small blue notebook, will get time and type it here. I had always wanted to know the names of my third grandfather and no one could remember the name, untill aunt Joyce came along... later
Traditionally, Africans pass on an oral tradition, linking generations through the epochs of time - the past & the future. I started this blog in my first year at Makere University, as a feeble attempt book the discourse of my life & family, because it wasn't written anywhere, except folktales. This blog has stood the test of being ignored, change of blogging technology and questioning its very existence, but reading this stuff back to myself, I see why I'll keep it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Stories
-
Full text of " The Banyankole " Bahuma women and child 123 XXX. Medicine-men preparing to exorcise a g...
-
Was at a party with friends recently, at the new building (Course View Tower) on 21 Yusuf Lule road, where Thomas (top, on phone) was openin...
-
Charles Aryaija Rwebishengye has been installed as the heir to the late Ankore Prince, John Barigye. Ankore Kingdom's late Prince...
-
April 2008 has been the worst month ever, since I joined Makerere University in 2005. A lot of problems hit me like volleys from left, right...
1 comment:
Bring it on, history is an interesting artifact
Post a Comment