Monday 21 January 2008

Two Weddings same week?

The last five days have seen me attending two weddings one after another, both being of family boys bringing home new members into the family.These boys are none other than Muheirwe Simon (my half brother) and Obadia S, respectively. Muheirwe's was held on 15th January 2008, at his home Omukyenda. It was my first time to go in the entourage that picks a bride from her home, for a close family member. I arrived same day from Makerere University and found Muheirwe and his best man, midway to Kyenkwanzi. We went with my dad, a friend of my dad and my sister Kababy, they were waiting for me at a place called Omurushozi, with two cars packed by the roadside. Muheirwe's wedding was not such a big occassion thought, it was very low key.
Badiya's was on Saturday 19th January 2008, and he put up a quite function involving many people from the villages and towns around Sembabule. Relatives from Kampala, Kyenkwanzi and all over came to Badiya's wedding. He was a jolly man on that day, and the best part was when he gave his wedding speech, just motioning for his translator, saying he was a happy man and thanking all people for making it all happen...

No comments:

Stories